Monday, May 2, 2011

That thing on my head

I have had many people ask me about my wearing of a mantilla to Mass, especially as of late.  Short Answer: I do so out of respect, to my husband and to God (not necessarily in that order, I suppose). I think it's a beautiful tradition and I definitely feel God calling me to it, although sometimes I don't understand why.  

For specific questions on the subject, I always recommend the Catholic Answers forums, and I found a GREAT website with a wealth of mantilla pride and information here!

 It seems to be worth mentioning that there is nothing out there that says you have to wear a mantilla.  It is a personal choice and something God might be calling you to do, but not necessarily.  Going to Mass, however, is not an option, so I'll see you there!

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment