Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Father Z... You're my new friend.

So Kevin pointed out Father Z's blog to me today and I have to say that this man is a genius.  The simple, sarcastic, yet incredibly relevant commentary on the things that we allow to go on in the Catholic Church makes me sigh with satisfaction.  For example, it is an almost guilty pleasure to read his thoughts on anything Richard McBrien has to say.


The sad part is that even though his rants are smart and witty, they are representative of real problems, problems that are so, do I dare say dumb? that they shouldn't even exist.  While entertaining me, it has also given me a list of things for which I need to pray, Lord have mercy on us all.  


Apart from the commentary on Richard McBrien, I am particularly fond of the section, "Wherein Fr. Z Rants."  It is there that I found this post, which articulates perfectly an idea that has been hazily forming itself in the back of my mind for months now.  I know that at my parish they have been working on forming a choir of sorts to do Gregorian Chants and I have been hesitant to get involved because I've over-committed myself elsewhere.  With summer coming up and some of my activities ending, maybe it's time to get involved?  Who knows, maybe God gave me Fr. Z's post as a sign.

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment